Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Cape Tribulation Day Tour (with lunch)
- Included in price:
- Commentary by an experienced driver/guide, morning and afternoon tea, picnic lunch, wildlife cruise on the Daintree River
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Snack to purchase on the way up and ice-cream made of tropical fruits on the way back
- What to bring:
- Swimmers, towel, comfortable clothing and shoes, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent, water bottle, camera, some cash, jumper (during colder months)
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Child rare applys to a child up to primary school age who occupys a seat. Infants who travel on a lap of his/her parent(s) can travel for free.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
Port Douglas, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Please wait in front of your accommodation or at the reception
- 11 to 12 hours
- Approximate Return Time:
- Cape Trib Connections
- Port Douglas, Cape Tribulation, Daintree, Mossman Gorge and Daintree River
- Departs From
- Cairns and Port Douglas
Spend an entire day exploring the glorious Daintree and Cape Tribulation areas via coach, river cruise and on foot at a number of key attractions within the rainforest.
• Visit Mossman Gorge for a walk and refreshing swim
• See the stunning scenery from both Alexandra Range lookout and Rex Range Lookout
• Learn from a guided walk at Marrdja or Jindalba Boardwalk
• Enjoy a delicious lunch at Cape Tribulation Beach
• Spot crocs on a Daintree River wildlife cruise
With complimentary accommodation pickup from Cairns at 7:00 am, Cairns Northern Beaches at 8:00 am or Port Douglas at 8:45 am, you’ll meet your friendly and experienced Rainforest Guide as you board your comfortable, air conditioned coach and head north along scenic routes. At the first stop, Mossman Gorge, you’ll enjoy a walk through the lush, ancient rainforest and have the opportunity for a swim in crystal clear streams before enjoying a delicious morning tea.
Your next exciting stop will be for a cable ferry ride across the majestic Daintree River, on your way to the Cape Tribulation section of the Daintree National Park. Traveling through the Daintree surrounded by towering trees and thick undergrowth is simply inspiring, but nothing compared to the awe inspiring views you’ll experience at the Alexandra Range Lookout, which gives amazing views of the Daintree River, Port Douglas and even as far as south of Cairns!
Next, the Marrdja or Jindalba Boardwalks offer glimpses of a world long-preserved, with ancient trees that have remained the same for millennia. The Marrdja Boardwalk also winds its way above a very interesting, intricate mangrove swamp system. Afterwards, you’ll be rewarded with a well-earned lunch and walk on the beautiful Cape Tribulation Beach – where the rainforest meets the reef!
Heading back towards the Daintree River, you’ll stop for some unique tropical fruit ice cream at the Daintree Ice-Cream Company. Back at the River, you’ll be guided on an informative wildlife-spotting cruise, where you’ll see mighty estuarine crocodiles, as well as egrets and other water birds, tree snakes, pythons, colourful butterflies and more!
After enjoying some afternoon tea, you’ll visit the quaint town of Port Douglas and Rex Range lookout, before arriving back in Cairns at about 6:30 pm.
# Top Nine Cape Tribulation Tours