Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Outer Barrier Reef Full Day Snorkelling Trip
- Included in price:
- SNORKELLING Welcome morning cup of coffee Wetsuits and safety vests Great tropical lunch Marine snorkel briefing State of the art snorkel gear Totally dedicated professional crew Afternoon tea Lots of fun Fantastic snorkeling
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Pay on board charges : Reef, Port & Fuel Levy Charges $20.00 per person applicable from 1 April 2017.
- What to bring:
- Towel, hat, sunscreen.
- Fitness level required:
- Not specified
- Child policies:
- Children under 12 are not catered for. Children 12 years and over, pay adult prices.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- We departs daily from the Marlin Marina - E Finger. The departure time is 7am meet at the boat, for a 7:30 departure. Sunkist is the white boat at the end of the E Finger. We can offer $10 return transfers from Cairns and the Northern Beaches for $20 return, payable to the driver on the day of travel. Please add your accommodation in the space provided on the booking form and state that you would like a transfer in the comments section. Please confirm booking and hotel transfers prior to day of travel using the contact details provided on your booking confirmation.
- 1 Day
- Approximate Return Time:
- 4:45 pm
The above prices include $20.00 per person, which is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel.Click on a price to view more options and details.
- Cairns Dive Centre
- Great Barrier Reef and Outer Barrier Reef
- Departs From
Ready for a sun-soaked, fun-filled, action-packed, snorkelling adventure visiting the Outer Great Barrier Reef? Flawless service and superb sights are guaranteed to leave you sated and full of admiration for this exciting, pristine underwater wonderland, after a relaxing cup of coffee, visit one of the best snorkelling sites the reef has to offer.
• Immerse and indulge yourself in the majesty of the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
• Get up close and personal with all the underwater residents.
• Avoid the crowds with a small group of no more than 20 passengers.
• Cross another item off your bucket list and experience the liberating feel of snorkelling
You’ll hop aboard the MV Sun-Kist, which departs from Marlin Marina - E Finger at around 7 am (departure time at 7:30 am), for a day of fun (we offer return transfers from your accommodation at a nominal price, just inform our friendly staff when filling out the booking confirmation). Cruising on the 18-metre mono hull, we transport you to the reef, via Fitzroy Island. Wetsuits and safety vests are available for the uneasy or first time snorkeler. Supervised by our dedicated, professional crew who have been selected for their extensive local knowledge and there absolute love of Cairns and its oceans.
Taking only one and a half hours and situated 40 nautical miles (70 kilometres) from the coast of Cairns, you will visit a choice of four reefs, chosen depending on tidal and weather conditions. Milln Reef is a Marine National Park green zone, whereas Briggs Reef is a planar (two-dimensional) reef covering an area of 90 hectares. Thetford Reef incorporates some enchanting wall dives and swim throughs and Moore reef has an amazing viewing platform. Arriving at the first reef site at 9:45 am, your first snorkel session starts at 10:00 am, lunch at 12 noon. Off to your second reef at 12:30 pm and you second snorkel experience is at 12:45 pm.
Glide effortlessly through the watery wonders of this beautiful region. Hard rainbow-coloured corals stand majestically interspersed with the exquisite soft corals swaying gently in the watery breeze. All the while, finger-like tentacles feast on the tiny algae and tiny organic material in a never-ending smorgasbord of delicacies. Snorkel over impressive staghorn and plate corals on snowy white sand that gently slopes to a depth of 22m. Damselfish, Wrasse, Emperor, Butterflyfish, and Surgeonfish, turtles, giant clams, plus the white tipped shark are common sightings, and are only a very small sample of what you will discover in this feast for senses, underwater wonderland. Keep your eyes peeled for the tiny clownfish as they dart in and out of colourful anemones. Jump for joy as rays and other extremely well camouflaged residents buried in the sand or hiding in rock crevices pop up unexpectedly to say hello.
With scrumptious lunch, morning and afternoon teas all catered for and included in the price, you can kick back, relax and soak up the sun and ambience while watching the antics of our salt water friends. You’ll depart and head back to Cairns at 2:45 pm, again via Fitzroy Island and arriving back at the Marlin Marina at 4:45 pm.
Prices & Availability
Prices for 29 April 2017.
Use the calendar to book instantly
Outer Barrier Reef Full Day Snorkelling Trip