Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
1 Day Cooktown 4WD Adventure
BLOOMFIELD TRACK is subject to weather conditions; alternative route via inland road will be taken if required. No refund is available in these circumstances.
- Included in price:
- Complimentary hotel transfers, 4WD air-conditioned vehicle, Experienced knowledgeable driver-guide, One of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives, World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park, Cable Ferry across the Daintree River, Morning Tea, 4WD only Bloomfield Track, Lunch , Black Mountains, free time in Cooktown, Outback of Far North Queensland
- What to bring:
- Small overnight bag with maximum 10kg per person. No large suitcases allowed unless previously arranged.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- (3-14yrs pay child rate) However, not recommended for children under 5.
- Departure points:
- Cairns, Queensland
Port Douglas, Queensland
Cape Tribulation, Queensland
Palm Cove, Queensland
Cairns Beaches, Queensland
Trinity Beach, Queensland
Yorkeys Knob, Queensland
- Departure time:
7:00 AM Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
8:30 AM Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Cairns 6.30am Northern Beaches 7.00am Pt Douglas 8.00am Cape Tribulation 10.30am (NB: Drop-off transfers are not available for Cape Tribulation.)
- Cairns 6.30am -9.00pm approx Northern Beaches 7.00am -8.45pm Port Douglas 8.00am -8.00pm
- Adventure North Australia
- Cape Tribulation, Cooktown, Mt Molloy, Bloomfield and Daintree
- Departs From
- Cairns, Port Douglas, Cape Tribulation, Palm Cove, Cairns Beaches, Trinity Beach and Yorkeys Knob
You will be collected from your accommodation by our air-conditioned four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle. We travel north along the Captain Cook Highway, one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives towards the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park, crossing the mighty Daintree River by cable ferry. You will Journey through this spectacular example of Mother Nature, which contains the highest number of plant and animal species that are rare, or threatened by extinction.
A delicious morning tea of home made scones, jam and cream with local Daintree Tea and Coffee set amongst the rainforest.
Your experienced guide will enlighten your journey with incredible stories and history as you continue on the 4WD only Bloomfield Track. This will take you through some of the most incredible scenery in the country. Crossing rivers and climbing mountain ranges.
We stop for lunch overlooking the Bloomfield River at Wujal Wujal before visiting the infamous Lion’s Den Hotel (est. 1875), one of North Queensland’s oldest running bush pubs. Continue to the unique geological oddity, which is Black Mountain, surrounded in mystery and spoken of in ancient Aboriginal legend. Arriving in Cooktown you will have a 360 degree view from Grassy Hill of the Endeavour River, Cooktown and the Coral Sea.
Have your camera ready!
Enjoy free time to explore historical Cooktown with an option to visit the World Class James Cook Museum (entrance not included - approx $10.00 per adult).
This afternoon we depart Cooktown by the inland road, the Mulligan Highway, traveling through a diverse landscape of cattle stations and the Palmer River goldfields region. Evening meal break (optional and at own expense) at the Palmer River Roadhouse. Your day of discovery comes to a completion as you are returned to your accommodation in Port Douglas, Palm Cove or Cairns.